Edu-IT Posted August 19, 2014 Posted August 19, 2014 I have a bunch of Hex values in a spreadsheet that I want to convert to Dec. Is there a way in SQL I can do this, as Excel is very limited in that I have to do Hex2Dec("VALUE") and replace Value manually. I can't do it as a cell reference, so it's taking too long. I was hoping there's a way I could have the column in Excel and then add another Column in for it to do its conversion. Any thoughts?
Steve21 Posted August 19, 2014 Posted August 19, 2014 Err why not just reference the other cell, then drag it down? Unless I'm missing something? Steve
FN-GM Posted August 19, 2014 Posted August 19, 2014 If you get the values in one column and then you can run the concatenate function in another. The function would look something like this =CONCATENATE("Hex2Dec(",A1,")") - This is assuming the value is in A1
Edu-IT Posted August 19, 2014 Author Posted August 19, 2014 Err why not just reference the other cell, then drag it down? Unless I'm missing something? Steve Because you can't reference the cell. The 'Value' has to be a number not a cell. And FN-GM, that doesn't work either.
tmcd35 Posted August 19, 2014 Posted August 19, 2014 Because you can't reference the cell. The 'Value' has to be a number not a cell. And FN-GM, that doesn't work either. I just tried in Excel and it worked fine. Cell A1 = 8a. Cell B1 =Hex2Dec(A1) = 138. Are your hex values formated as text instead of no formatting?
FN-GM Posted August 19, 2014 Posted August 19, 2014 (edited) I just tried in Excel and it worked fine. Cell A1 = 8a. Cell B1 =Hex2Dec(A1) = 138. Are your hex values formated as text instead of no formatting? Also checked at it works here. Try building the function rule using the GUI? Edited August 19, 2014 by FN-GM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now