Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Last year I built a SCCM 2012 server, I got the basics done then thought 'I'll go back to it when I get a moment'...of course that moment never came round!

 

So this week I want to start from scratch, get SCCM in place then create a image from scratch etc.

 

Anyway can I scrap my existing SCCM 2012 server and build a new one without any impact? I remember making several changes to the AD etc when installing it before! Also can I build it on a Windows 2012 R2 server for use in a Server 2008 R2 / Windows 7 domain?

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

You can do and just need to remove the old computer from the system container in AD. You will also need to change the permissions on that container for the new server you create.

 

You can then just push out the client from new server

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...