DMaggioni Posted June 25, 2014 Posted June 25, 2014 Hi everybody, I'm trying to deploy smart drivers (notebook software and galleries are already installed on clients machines) via SCCM 2012 but I'm not alble to find the msi file for the drivers. Any suggestion for the procedure? Thank you so much!!!!!
localzuk Posted June 25, 2014 Posted June 25, 2014 You need to download the msi and the tools to configure it for deployment. It can all be found here: https://smarttech.com/Support/Browse+Support/Download+Admin+Software/Software/SMART+Notebook+collaborative+learning+software/Previous+versions/SMART+Notebook+2014+Win+Admin Basically, you download the main file and the SMART Install Manager, and then use the install manager to set things like license code and installation requirements for the MSI. It then spits out an MST file which you apply against the MSI when you deploy it.
DMaggioni Posted June 25, 2014 Author Posted June 25, 2014 Thank you for the answer. I know this procedure but I don't need it because I have already installed all the software, I need to deploy just drivers!
localzuk Posted June 25, 2014 Posted June 25, 2014 You can't mix and match any more - you have to remove the old version and install the new - with the MST determining which bits you wish to install. We have 2 applications set up in SCCM 2012 set up, identical files but with a different mst - one deploys only the notebook application, the other installs the drivers and the application. You could create one which only deploys the drivers though. Basically, there is only one MSI now - not the separate ones they used to have.
DMaggioni Posted June 25, 2014 Author Posted June 25, 2014 I will do it! can you post the exact command for the application? Is there a way to tell the application to uninstall all previous version? thank you so much!
localzuk Posted June 25, 2014 Posted June 25, 2014 It all depends what version you have installed already. They changed things over the different versions. If it is SMART Notebook 2012, you'd run [color=#000000][font=Courier New]msiexec /x "[/font][/color][i][Path]\SMART Education Software 2012.msi" [i][Parameter][/i][/i][i][/i]Using the original installer to do it.
DMaggioni Posted June 25, 2014 Author Posted June 25, 2014 Ok, I created an .mst from the .msi with the install manager. Everything went fine but at the end of the deployment sccm tells that the software is "alredy compliant". That's not true because I've (of course...) installed Notebook sw locally but I added only the drivers via .mst... Any ideas?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now