Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

PowerShell logon script for a off the network windows 8.1 machine


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

long time since I've been on here.

I've wrote a PowerShell script I want to run which is a dialog box which if yes is clicked, then deletes files off a local users desktop. I've set up local GPO to the following

 

Under User Configuration\Windows Settings\Script(Logon/Logoff) logon script to the PowerShell script.

Under User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Scripts I've set "Display instructions as they run" to enable which allows the script to display what is running to allow the dialog box.

 

I've restarted the computer with network cable as in the past local GPO won't apply until the network GPO has applied. As this computer is also added to domain.

 

but it still won't display, not even sure its running the script.

 

is this even possible?

 

Andrew

Posted
whats your powershell executuion policy set to as by default it wont run scripts get-execution policy should tell you and it can be changed via group policy (both user and computer) admin templates windows components\windows powershell (theres only one setting there with various options)
Posted
good to know I assume the same is true for startup/shutdown/logoff?

I would assume so since it wouldn't make any sense to do one thing for logon scripts and something else for the other scripts.

Posted
I would assume so since it wouldn't make any sense to do one thing for logon scripts and something else for the other scripts.

 

sense dosent always apply to microsoft though lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...