william_tropico Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 Hello, We have Office365 for Education with SharePoint online. Have set up a new website with storage limit 205400mb (works out at about 200GB). My plan is to set up two network stores on a dedicated server/computer. One drive will be our onsite resources drive and the other will be a mapped drive to the library on share point online. I have managed to do this fine, however the library online says max 40gb. I have tried to find out what the limit is for lists/libraries on share point online but cant seem to find 40gb mentioned anywhere. I was wondering if anyone can help? Can i increase the size or any other solutions? Thank you, William
apearce Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 I would recommend that you don't use a single document library - There isn't a limit on the say a document library can have but I would look at creating several document libraries that maybe match the top level folders from your share. The thing to look out for is the 5000 item limit in a document library. You also need to ensure that any file names don't have any of the characters that SharePoint doens't like such as the '&' sign. SharePoint users the file name as the URL so it can't user the & as it means something else in the browser/ 1
william_tropico Posted June 11, 2014 Author Posted June 11, 2014 Thank you Alex, I was looking at single libraries for each department but wanted to make it as easy as possible for teachers (for obvious reasons ). Hopefully I wont run out of mapped drives on my test machine. Thank you, William
apearce Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 we've done it for a few customers but not the mapping part - each subject had their own site collection and we migrated their work into that section/document library. With a bit of image navigation and staff getting familiar to using the browser rather than a mapped network drive they preferred the browser as it was the same experience at home.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now