Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

 

Recently upgraded to SQL 2005 on our admin server and, since then, backups don't appear to be going too well.

 

We back up C:, D: and the System State to tape.

What's happening is that C: is being backed up but then the tape is ejected without giving the chance for D: to start or the System State.

I can guarantee that the tape cannot be full because the C: drive hasn't even got 10GB of data on it and the entire system can usually fit on a tape.

Both drives can also back up individually when I perform a test backup.

 

Something I thought of was that maybe the SIMS database would be in a locked state and therefore not allow a backup so last night I stopped the SQL Server service and the SQL Server Agent service but this didn't make any difference.

 

Any suggestions?

 

*EDIT* - sorry, running Windows Server 2003 R2 if that's any help

Posted
If you want an inexpensive SQL backup solution, you could have a look at BackupAssist, which has an SQL plug-in available. Educational pricing available.

 

Just to say I am using this (with this with the SQL plug-in).

I've found this to be really good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...