Sam_Brown Posted May 15, 2014 Posted May 15, 2014 Morning All, We have Office 365 set up with Dir Sync. In Office 365 we have 1600+ users. Most students, some teachers. I'm just about to license them via powershell but will need different licenses applied to each group. What is going to be the easiest way of doing this? Is it possible to create groups in Office 365 and assign student licenses to one group and assign staff licenses to the other? Or am I going to have to filter the students \ staff when I'm running set-msoluserlicense cmdlet?
Boredguy Posted May 15, 2014 Posted May 15, 2014 We filter our users via username when we apply the licenses since all our students start the same. However, we also have "Student" and "Staff" values assigned as their department in AD which is synchronised so we can also filter on that criteria as well. Once we got the batch of users, we just loop through the returned values and assign the licences as script examples that have been posted here previously
Sam_Brown Posted May 15, 2014 Author Posted May 15, 2014 I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to point me in the direction of said scripts?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now