Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Wasn't sure where to look for this one, apologies if in the wrong place:

 

I currently have 3 virtual XenServer hosts, they are as follow:

 

2 x Intel Xeon CPUs - E5620 @ 2.40GHz

1 x Intel Xeon CPUs - E5645 @ 2.40GHz

 

I will be moving everything over to a resource pool next summer for implementation of XenMotion, my question is though, does anyone know if I will be able to put the above CPUs into the same resource pool without any issues? as I understand you need matching CPUs for smooth XenMotion transitions.

 

I couldnt see that that bigger difference myself.

 

Any suggestions welcome!

 

Thanks

Edited by Olliesaurus
I cant spell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...