Songbird Posted April 2, 2014 Posted April 2, 2014 Hi Everyone, I was directed here by someone trying to help me get rid of the Snap do virus - I have uninstalled it and done the routine of cleaning out the settings in Chrome and it's still there. Does anyone have any ideas? I have installed adware software - still there. I am at my wits end - not really a techie so a bit ignorant to say the least! Thanks Liz
pooley Posted April 2, 2014 Posted April 2, 2014 Have you checked its not still running as an extension in chrome?
Songbird Posted April 3, 2014 Author Posted April 3, 2014 Hi - it may well be doing so but I don't know how to remedy it.
Michael Posted April 3, 2014 Posted April 3, 2014 Install MalwareBytes, update it, then reboot into Safe Mode and perform a full scan. Should do the trick. It's not strictly a virus, but better classified as malware.
Songbird Posted April 3, 2014 Author Posted April 3, 2014 Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!! Everything is working much better and I think you've done it!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now