kenw232 Posted March 14, 2014 Posted March 14, 2014 I keep getting this on bootup in Windows Server 2012 R2. Does anyone know how to turn off SSL/TLS for Active Directory? I'm assuming that would stop this error from happening. I don't care about SSL for AD. Unless it can't be turned off? If anyone knows what to do here some tips would be great. Event ID: 1400 Active Directory Web Services could not find a server certificate with the specified certificate name. A certificate is required to use SSL/TLS connections. To use SSL/TLS connections, verify that a valid server authentication certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority (CA) is installed on the machine. Certificate name: myserver.ad.mydomain.com
PyROm Posted March 14, 2014 Posted March 14, 2014 Install certificate services on a non ad server, and tell the ad server to auto enroll certificate in group policy?
kenw232 Posted March 14, 2014 Author Posted March 14, 2014 Why can't I install Active Directory Certificate Services on the same AD and DC server?
PyROm Posted March 14, 2014 Posted March 14, 2014 I dont really know, I tried this and it all installed correctly, however it wasnt issuing certificates properly (from memory there are 2 types of server certificate and it would only issue one type, which was not the one AD wanted), after lots of messing around I found an article saying that it wouldnt work properly when installed on an ad server, so (with reluctance) I installed it on our MIS server and everything started working.
PyROm Posted March 14, 2014 Posted March 14, 2014 Scrub that, I remember now, you have to be a member of a local dcom group to request the certificate, ad servers do not have local groups or users.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now