spc-rocket Posted October 16, 2007 Posted October 16, 2007 Hi Guys, Not sure where to put this, i'm looking for some APC serial cables for simple signalling. 940-0020 cables? The prices i've been quoted for these are really silly and would not like to pay too much for these. hasy anyone got any spare or older ones they no longer need? TIA, Ash.
plexer Posted October 16, 2007 Posted October 16, 2007 No fair, I did the same ask months ago and nobody offered Ben
elevation Posted October 16, 2007 Posted October 16, 2007 I got one made up by Suna Supplies (http://www.sunasupplies.co.uk) for £9. A bit cheaper than the £25 i was going to be charged. Just quote the APC code to them.
plexer Posted October 16, 2007 Posted October 16, 2007 elevation: Thanks for that sounds good I could make it myself but would rather not Ben
Dos_Box Posted October 16, 2007 Posted October 16, 2007 No fair, I did the same ask months ago and nobody offered Ben I was using it then. I have a new APC UPS now which is USB.
spc-rocket Posted October 16, 2007 Author Posted October 16, 2007 Hi guys, @Dos_Box sent you a PM Thanks for the responses i was quoted £16.50 or something for these. Thanks! Ash.
plexer Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 Elevation: the one you had made was it to the apc spec or just a straight wired one? I emailed them about it and they gave me a part code for a straight wired one saying that they had supplied that in the past for people wanting this cable. I showed them the pinout it should be and they can make them for £7.85 Next day delivery is £10 or recorded post is £5.00 Ben
plexer Posted November 8, 2007 Posted November 8, 2007 Received the cables I asked for from suna made up according to: http://pinouts.ru/DevicesCables/apc_back_cable_pinout.shtml But I fear that this may not be correct. I'm using apcupsd as the shutdown daemon and I've just noticed they have their own custom cable design so I should have got suna to make that instead. Doh!!! Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now