dastrix Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 Hi All, I seem to have a network problem when i have machines logging in at the start of the lesson a few dont get all the group policy items ie mapped drives, desktop background etc, a quick log off and back on and hey presto sorted. I am sure in group policy you can tell it to wait for the policy delaying the login. Will this solve my problems and anyone know where it is? Thanks in advance.
Frut02 Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 Comp config>Admin templates> System> logon> always wait for the network at computrer startup and logon
abillybob Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 Try gpupdate /force Normally GP needs some time to apply around 15 minutes I think correct me if I'm wrong I always wait a day though and test in the morning to make sure it's all working.
Frut02 Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 You could also do a gpresult /h C:\Gpresult.txt That will show you exactly what is being applied and if there are any errors.
dastrix Posted February 5, 2014 Author Posted February 5, 2014 I seem to get false errors from what i have read on forums etc. Would this have any bearings on anything? Specify startup policy processing wait time Enabled Amount of time to wait (in seconds): 5
Frut02 Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 How many policys do you have running when you logon, perhaps its too many with conflicting settings??
dastrix Posted February 5, 2014 Author Posted February 5, 2014 Its was a complete new domain back in the summer the machines have about 7 computer policys that load at startup and then 3 or 4 user policys
Frut02 Posted February 5, 2014 Posted February 5, 2014 hmm i had a simular problem once, i fixed it by running a bat file that did a gpupdate /force as the computer was starting up!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now