Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I have VEEAM now in my new job, and I am loving it.

I am now getting some SureBackup Jobs setup, and they seem to be passing the "Heartbeat" and "Ping" Tests fine. Its only when I come to do SQL and Mail Servers that I hit issues, and get the Error 10061.

On my SQL server that failed the script test, how can I check Port 1433 on TCP/IP is running and configured correctly.

 

Using the VEEAM KB: KB1249: SureBackup SQL Script Verification

 

It says to use netstat -ban and I get a load of information, but nothing comes up as the localhost or IP of my SQL server along with Port 1433....

 

Slightly confused here trying to get these final details to work!

 

Any help would be great.

 

Thanks,

_techie_

  • 1 year later...
Posted
I think it was the config of my virtual lab and the network side of things IIRC. I rang VEEAM support in the end and they guided me through the creation of the virtual lab, and got it working.
Posted

Thanks for getting back to me. Managed to get to the bottom of this in the end.

 

Test B&R Exchange and MS SQL server | view topic

 

Turns out that Windows was pending a restart after installing Windows updates and this was the cause of the failure and error code! Not sure why this would affect running SB scripts but appears to be the case.

 

I’ve run the job again and all has completed successfully.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...