Quackers Posted January 16, 2014 Posted January 16, 2014 I've seen endless posts with people struggling to get silent app deployment to iPads over the air working in iOS 7. I have got it working using an Apple Server and Profile Manager quite well after much playing. So i've made a quick guide on how to set it up, its very rough as i made it this morning in 2 hours from memory, so it could have a few mistakes but hopefully it will guide you in the right direction if struggling. I'll try and answer any questions if you spot anything in the guide i've missed or done wrong. One thing i've noticed is when you remove apps it takes age for the iPads to do so (they pop up with a notification), and it does not seem to always actually remove the app, but I'm sure that part we are not that worried about. I've not covered locking them down as that should be pretty easy to work out your self as i do it by Device group in Profile Manager. Once its setup the iPads are actually easier to manage than Windows devices in terms of app deployment, its just getting there is the pain.iPad_Setup_Guide_1.pdf 4
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now