Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am trying to install the Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade and get a compatibility error on the LSI Adapter. The install stops and will not proceed. Here is the text of the message:

 

 

Windows won't install unless each of these things is taken care of. Close Windows Setup, take care of each one, and then restart Windows Setup to continue.

 

 

Make these changes: Install updated drivers for the following devices. If you already have an updated device driver, click LOAD DRIVER and follow the steps.

 

Storage controllers: LSI Adapter, Ultra320 SCSI 2000 series, w/1020/1030

 

This controller works fine under Server 2012, but now in R2 it's not compatible. I cannot find any driver for the adapter that will allow R2 to load.

Posted
If you've looked on their website, all I can suggest is you contact LSI to make them aware of the issue and any workarounds. I agree with you though, it should work absolutely fine in 2012 R2.
  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...