Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello folks!

 

I'm having a small problem with Moodle file upload limits. We changed the limits to 60Mb on friday in Moodle (PHP options already set to accept bigger downloads) as we needed to install some courses from Birchfield (which didn't work because we don't have PHP-XSLT installed but that's another matter) - all seemed fine. The course accepted the new 60 Mb limit.

 

We've come to the machine this morning and it won't accept any file larger than 595K (or thereabouts) on any of the courses. It'll accept smaller limits and display them in the drop down list.

 

Any hints as to what is happening?

 

Ta

Posted

Thanks for the replies.

 

I haven't run out of disk space - > 90Gb free.

 

I've already modified all the files needed in the Moodle Howto and it all used to work fine.

 

The change I made to allow a huge upload was only a temp thing. I wanted to drop it down to a much smaller size - a few megabytes at most, but it won't let me do that. Nothing greater that 585.9Kb is allowed in the drop down list. Smaller sizes, yes, but that's useless.

 

I'm flummoxed.

 

no... wait...

 

I've hashed out the values in the PHP.ini file and restarted Apache. It's gone back to the default 2Mb. I then put back the values I wanted and restarted Apache again. It works now.

 

Hmmn. Weird.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...