disco_samurai Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 Hey dudes We are just getting some iPads into our school and I have been configuring them with Apple Configurator which has gone pretty well so far. The problem I am having is that each of our iPads has to be assigned a Static IP address (for web filtering reasons) and each time I plug the iPad back in for a refresh or for a new app install the iPad switches back to DHCP and I have to manually type the static IP back in. This is rapidly become a pain in the ass, the more iPads we get in, is there a way to set Configurator to either leave the IP settings alone or to set it so that it pre-fills the static IP settings? I've looked through all the profile options and nothing jumps out! Any help would be greatly appreciated Neal
Quackers Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 You could create a reservation on the DHCP Server instead, if its for an IP outside of the scope on 2008 Server onwards you will need a hot fix to do this. 1
themightymrp Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 As @Quackers says, setting a reservation on the DHCP server will be your easiest bet. Give the iPad a unique name in the settings, wait for it to pick up an IP from DHCP. Then on the server, find this iPad under the Address Leases - right click it and create a reservation. Voila! It should always pick up the same IP 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now