Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Cpanel 11 - spam assassin & memory


Recommended Posts

Posted

Wasn't sure where to pop this one in truth but hopefully this is ok here.

 

I've got a VPS server with rackforce and in the past 48 hours it has suddenly jumped through the roof in terms of memory usage with incredibly high mem in Spam Assassin in particular.

 

Just wondering if anyone else is using a hosting system like that and hitting similar problems of late.

Posted
As word of famous forensic scientist once said nothing Hinky here.

That would be the famous dictionary scientist then :D

 

I am using version WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.11.0-R16983

Strange... Same here, just can't work out where all this RAM has gone to!.. Starting to suspect a rootkit but no proof whatsoever

Posted

@Russ: FYI...

 

I had a look at possible causes and it seems spamassassin in collusion with exim is most likely the culprit so I did a little tweaking and whilst I don't know if it's helped too much it has reduced some of the load.

 

1. Installed this:

http://www.configserver.com/free/eximdeny.html

 

2. changed all valiases from :blackhole: to :fail:

 

Overall that seems to have had the desired effect..

 

Seriously giving some consideration to installing this at some point as well:

http://www.grscripts.com/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...