IT_Man_Dan Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 Hi, I need to move a load of archive data to a different location. I am using robocopy but when I run the process it misses a load of files out that it says 'access denied'. I want to know how to make it copy but ignore existing permissions. Here is my command: robocopy \\server2\d$\oldarchiveddata i:\archived /MIR /W:2 /R:3 What do I need to add please? Or do I need to give certain access rights to the folder before copying it? Administrator has full control. Many thanks
IT_Man_Dan Posted October 28, 2013 Author Posted October 28, 2013 Having read various info would a /b on the end achieve my goal?
amckinley Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 /b would work out... or even a /zb. /b copies the backups directly. /zb will only copy the backups if permission is denied. 1
sparkeh Posted October 29, 2013 Posted October 29, 2013 Yeah us /zb to try and copy normally but fall back to back mode if you have permissions problems. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now