Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think I know the answer to this already but said I would check.

 

I know for each app on the ipads we need a licence with the Apple Volume purchasing thing.

 

Would this be the same for ebook or iBooks or what ever they are called.

 

Or would we be allowed to only buy one and then use something like Airserver to show on projector?

Posted

You can buy ibooks through VPP if that's what you mean, so officially yes it's one license per device etc.

 

In terms of projecting it I don't honestly know how that's covered, how does that work with showing an app on a projector?

 

Steve

Posted

We never had that problem before as we have licences for all our apps

100 ipads 100 licences.

 

I'm guessing that even if we just wanted a class set of a book 20 say, if we bought 20 copies would that work if we only tried pushing it to 20 ipads or would that not work as they all have the same log in.

 

possibly one way round it is to get the teacher to purchase it so they can use it on their ipad as teachers can have 2 apple id's

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...