MrWu Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 Hi all; I have been asked by my headteacher to find out whether I could install Boardworks on Windows Server (bought years ago and about 2 teachers using it), it was slow as heck on the old server and old Frog Server but since we upgraded to new Frog server we have uploaded Boardworks as a SCORM package and running nicely. I am reluctant to install this on our Windows Network(since I need to provision an extra VM and disk space) and also persuade staff to use Frog more. Any reason you guys think it's better to run this on the Windows network? apart from having a desktop shortcut is there any difference in content? Thanks as always.
dhicks Posted October 8, 2013 Posted October 8, 2013 Any reason you guys think it's better to run this on the Windows network? apart from having a desktop shortcut is there any difference in content? I thought BoardWorks' material was simply PowerPoint files with interactive (Flash) content that could, if wanted, be edited by the teacher? No doubt it comes with an installer that presents some kind of clunky menu interface, but I think you can skip that and simply copy the material straight to a file share and point the teachers to that (might want to make it read-only, just in case they save the edited versions of their files over the top). 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now