Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Migrating Exchange offline addrs list & public folds problem


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am mid exchange 2003 migration from one hardware to another. I have follwed the MS KB guides but come into a problem. When i set the folders to sync i get differnet readings.

 

It shows the one server as 'local modified' and the other as 'in sync'

 

I have tried resedning hte changes, sending the Hierarchy, breaking the sync and then recreating it but still get this 'local modifed problem.

 

I am pretty pi**ed off with it now.

 

 

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Posted

I have had this as well.

 

The first time it happened, there was a serious configuration problem such that the old server could not communicate with the new one via SMTP. This is because I configured the Virtual SMTP server old Exchange server to forward all traffic the the ISP SMTP server for offsite delivery (silly me!).

 

The last time is happened, it was just on a couple of the system folders and I have to say that I just ignored it and went ahead.

 

You can up the logging levels to see what is going on...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...