MatthewL Posted September 6, 2013 Posted September 6, 2013 Or just tick the box do not allow user to change password and password never expires in AD.
unixman_again Posted September 6, 2013 Posted September 6, 2013 I don't under stand the forgotten password issue they must use it every other day. It has been my experience that they "forget" their password to get out of lesson for a bit. When I used to run an LTSP system, we had a cure for this. Students could change their passwords, but most couldn't be bothered to read the instructions on how to do this at the command line (there was no GUI for system admin functions). Kid: "Sir, I've forgotten my password". Me: "I can reset it for you. What's your football team". Kid: "Man U". (It was always Man U) Me: "Ok your password is now wbarulez" (appropriate as we were in the Black Country). After a week or so, I'd reset to to what they wanted and you know they never forgot it again. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now