abillybob Posted July 25, 2013 Posted July 25, 2013 Hey Guys So I got recommended by someone on here to use Wisesoft Excel document to import all my users. I have put all the students into wisesoft and it won't import them keeps saying Bad file name or something Am I doing something wrong here all I want to do is import bulk AD users... Please help
tmcd35 Posted July 25, 2013 Posted July 25, 2013 (edited) Have you copied the included .dll file into the right folder (system32 I think)? Also, the machine you're using is domain joined? I use Wisesoft tools almost exclusively for this sort of thing and never have a problem with them. More information would be helpful. At what point is it saying bad filename? Any indication on screen as to what it may be referring to? Are you able to post a sanitised screenshot of the spreadsheet with the settings/data you've used? Edited July 25, 2013 by tmcd35
vortex999 Posted July 25, 2013 Posted July 25, 2013 I use active user manager for bulk AD user creation. Mikey Magic's Web Site - Active User Manager for Windows 2000 & 2003 Active Directory (AD) You just need to create a CSV file and import, but once you have created the template put it away until next year. You can also bulk add users to security groups using this program.
abillybob Posted July 25, 2013 Author Posted July 25, 2013 Thankyou though sorted it just used powershell in the end 1
mac_shinobi Posted July 25, 2013 Posted July 25, 2013 Thankyou though sorted it just used powershell in the end @alexbillbridgnorth Any chance you could post back code, what you did or how you used powershell to import users or whatever it was you did ? Thanks
pcstru Posted July 25, 2013 Posted July 25, 2013 @alexbillbridgnorth Any chance you could post back code, what you did or how you used powershell to import users or whatever it was you did ? There's some code here if it's of any use.
abillybob Posted July 26, 2013 Author Posted July 26, 2013 Here you go guys this is the tutorial I used. Works like a dream looking at it now I don't think it's powershell it's a CMD command sorry a bit new to Server 2008. Using the Import-Csv Cmdlet
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now