dhicks Posted July 23, 2013 Posted July 23, 2013 Hello All, I'm reconfiguring our servers over the summer, and one of things I aim to do is to turn one of our servers into a dedicated remote access machine. I have a choice between using a Dell R710 or an HP Proliant DL360p Gen8. If I fit a RemoteFX-capable graphics card into one of those servers, can Windows Server use it to hardware accelerate plain Remote Desktop Services connections, or is RemoteFX hardware acceleration only available for virtual machines?
MrWu Posted August 14, 2013 Posted August 14, 2013 Hi If you mean Server 2012 as far as I know Hardware vGPU is only for Desktop VDI, RemoteFX on RDSH is done via CPU on the server. Have tried RemoteFX on RDSH server hosted on a 512kb upload ADSL and it was awesome..streaming smooth video via RDP. 1
dhicks Posted August 14, 2013 Author Posted August 14, 2013 If you mean Server 2012 as far as I know Hardware vGPU is only for Desktop VDI, RemoteFX on RDSH is done via CPU on the server. That's what I figured in the end, too - instead of spending the money we'd budgeted on a graphics card we spent it on a second processor and 96GB of RAM for the HP DL360p instead. Hopefully that should provide decent enough desktop performance to be used for remote access and for a number of local thin clients. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now