Dos_Box Posted July 23, 2013 Posted July 23, 2013 My kids have recently discovered the joy of 'creating' their own games. They had started on making some 3D maze games and adding their own characters (usually Mario based stuff ) using Purple Mash via their schools ICT club, and wanted something that was a bit better. They are 7 and 9 so I'm all for it if it gets them being creative with computers and teaching them some skills at the same time. After a bit of looking around we decided to settle on Microsoft Labs Kodu. What I like about this is that the game starts almost fully formed so they can see it working almost straight away and modify it as they go on. Anyway, I thought it would be best to get a decent book on the subject that they can read when the computers are off (their laptop time is rationed to get them outside playing as well!) and all I can find is this one: Kodu for Kids: The Official Guide to Creating Your Own Video Games: Amazon.co.uk: James Floyd Kelly: Books Does anyone know of any others we could look at?
zx2012 Posted August 15, 2013 Posted August 15, 2013 That's best book there is. I'm up to chapter 4. Have you tried Scratch? You can run your own mini Code Club too? Download all the resources from codeclubworld.org
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now