enjay Posted July 15, 2013 Posted July 15, 2013 Does anyone know how to change the colour of the underline in the "Title" style in Word? I've tried changing it by right-click and Modify (the way I changed font and colour), but the setting doesn't hold.
MikeGilbert Posted July 15, 2013 Posted July 15, 2013 Edit the Style itself - you can define underline style and colour under the Font submenu
enjay Posted July 15, 2013 Author Posted July 15, 2013 This is the "Title" font, where the underline goes the full width of the page rather than just under the words. Looking at the options, it is added as a border on a paragraph. As I said, I've changed that, but it doesn't stick but font and colour does.
oleviolin Posted February 6, 2014 Posted February 6, 2014 (edited) Chaning the underline color of Title in a default template: You can either open this document for saving the changes: \Users\Your.Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dotm or just create a new document. Open a new document Right click on Title in the styles part of the Home ribbon. Select Modify in the right click drop-down menu Click Format button in left bottom of the "Modify style" window Select border in the drop down menu Change the color ******* Important hint - This is the trick**** Also change the border style (This is why nobody can do the update ) Seect overline and no underline for example! Click OK, Save the document and exit. Open a new docuent. and go back to the Modify Syle -> Border, And select the underline border. Save your document, remember to update your tempalate Open a new document Do the final changes. (I.e. set it back to black underline as outlined above) and redo saving Select radio button "New documents based on this template" before exiting Modify Style box Remmber to click update template on exiting document Edited February 6, 2014 by oleviolin add extra saving
enjay Posted February 6, 2014 Author Posted February 6, 2014 Thanks @oleviolin I have tried that, but it doesn't stick. When I go back to right-click > modify style, it has reverted to the blue. Any ideas?
oleviolin Posted February 6, 2014 Posted February 6, 2014 (edited) You are right Enjay (Thanks). My \Users\My.Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dotm (word 2010 template) did not upate, but addig an additional saving step of an overline instead of underline, did it. Exit the document, come back set it from black overline to black underline and you have black underline into your Normal.dotm (I tried it after your post enjay - and I have a black underline now!!!) Edited February 6, 2014 by oleviolin
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now