MatthewL Posted July 11, 2013 Posted July 11, 2013 Need some help here, I have a database I have created and quite well on with but have a few issues I want to get round if I can. I want to be able to select model and it then in the next column display all the models associated with that make, how? Similar if I pick an area I want it to bring up up locations under that same as above. Also is it easy to create a validation rule on one field to check the string I enter is correct?
rs513 Posted July 12, 2013 Posted July 12, 2013 (edited) I assume you are going to be doing this through a form and storing the make id in the models table? If so, write a separate select query for your models drop down where the criteria for make_id is the id number stored in the "make" drop down field of your form. For example your criteria could be: Forms!Form_Name!Make_dropdown_name. Then just create a drop down box based on this new query for your models. You would then use this same scenario for your locations and areas. That's the way I am doing it at the moment for a job system I am building, somebody may know a better way though. Edited July 12, 2013 by rs513
MatthewL Posted July 12, 2013 Author Posted July 12, 2013 I will have a look. At the minute I just use a table view to do it, if I can get away without using a form to enter it I will but I can get round that. Will be back if it doesn't work.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now