Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've tried to set up exim4 as a mail relay from smtp to gmail (so older software can communicate with gmail) but when i'm testing i'm getting a 550 unable to relay on the test message (i'm testing it using outlook) I've read lot of info on the net but just can't get it to play ball. It sends fine from the box itself.

 

this is the conf file

 

dc_local_interfaces=''
dc_readhost='ourmaildomain.co.uk'
dc_relay_domains=''
dc_minimaldns='false'
dc_relay_nets='192.168.0.4/23;127.0.0.1'
dc_smarthost='smtp.gmail.com::587'
CFILEMODE='644'
dc_use_split_config='false'
dc_hide_mailname='true'
dc_mailname_in_oh='true'
dc_localdelivery='mail_spool'

 

This look ok ? I might end up just using sendmail instead...

Posted

the auth is in passwd.client.

I'm having to do this as we use some accounting software that only uses a SMTP field (used to connect to an exchange server) so i'm having to relay the smtp request from the software to gmail (well that's what i'm trying to do!)

so it's software -> smtp -> exim4 -> imap gmail ssl

Posted

solved it :)

for a start my IP range was wrong ..... I blame Thursday for that.

and I didn't realise that I had to run

sudo update-exim4.conf

AFTER editing the .conf file then restart exim.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...