Jobos Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 Last week I exported a class list from sims and imported it into eprofile. Not ever done this before I imported it into the wrong cohort. No one noticed and teachers entered data against the pupil's names. Now the problem has been spotted and we're wondering how pupils can be moved to the correct cohort without starting again?
Michael Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 I've done this myself - from the top of my head, if you firstly close eProfile then rename the files or the folder (I can't remember which) where it stores data from 2012 to 2013 (I'm guessing), then restart eProfile it should work. Please take a backup before doing anything!!
Jobos Posted June 27, 2013 Author Posted June 27, 2013 There's one data file called eProfile.db and if I move this the whole database will go. I want just to move pupils that are in the wrong cohort.
Michael Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 I think the file(s) you're looking for is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\FSP or C:\Users\Public\FSP something along these lines. You can then rename 2012 to 2013 for example.
Jobos Posted June 27, 2013 Author Posted June 27, 2013 Right thanks, I'll have a look for that file when I'm back there next week. One good thing that will come out of this is that they won't ask me to import the data again
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now