Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a school thinking of getting Android Tablets. Is there a way to enter proxy server settings on these, as the LEA does not offer a transparent proxy, and setting up a internal transparent proxy would be too expensive.

 

Just asking as I know my Android phone does not have anywhere to enter proxy settings, which I know you can configure these in the WiFi settings on Ipads.

Posted

I have an asus tablet with IC 4 and you can on that. Also on a lot of the other cheaper alternatives you can as well. We've had a couple in.

 

You go to the wifi setting like with IOS press and hold the relevant wifi network and modify settings. There's a tick box to show advanced settings. That's where you'll find them I believe.

Posted

On my Nexus 10 (and other Android 4.x devices), the proxy details can be entered by selecting a wireless network and checking the Show Advanced Options box.

 

http://i.imgur.com/KVvA4sg.png

Posted
I installed ipcop as a VM and set the gateway for the devices ssid to it, various apps on ios/android don't use the proxy settings
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...