Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

We finally got a copy of the network msi's for primary and professional. I used the tool included on the disc to create the mst file and then I tried a deploy of them separately. They both suffer from the same problem though. When you run either you get the same run-time error (as shown in screenshot). The event log reports that install was successful but when I look in add/remove its not listed and trying to uninstall the app using the right click menu on the msi says its not installed.

When I created the transform I did specify a common resources area on a mapped drive but even if I map this drive as admin the program still wont run.

 

If I use my msi (created using this guide) it works fine for both primary and professional (same versions as their network msi's).

 

Anyone got any ideas?

active_error.jpg

Posted

Yeh I will try to get you a copy. Debugging right now.

We are also having issues deploying activdriver v4 with wininstall. Group Policy seems to work but we use wininstall here for deployments and basically when it does its install activcontrol2.exe screws up. I get a Visual C++ error dialogue appearing on the clients when its installing and it does not actually complete msi installation so you cant actually see the driver in add/remove.

I have created a transform that removed all the links to activcontrol2.exe but then the board is not installed properly.

Any ideas why?

 

P.S. On your Promethean forums I have found 2 threads with the same error. Did you solve them?

Posted

The runtime error 429 can be caused by corrupt vb runtimes:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/a/d/5ad868a0-8ecd-4bb0-a882-fe53eb7ef348/VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe

 

However I suspect this isn't the problem. Can you break down for me what you are doing with the msi in wininstall? I want to try and replicate this here and run through possible solutions with our installer engineers. Until we can get an idea of why this is happening I can't offer a solution.

 

The joys of finding new problems.

 

What does the VC++ error dialog on the client machine say?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...