ptotham Posted April 23, 2013 Posted April 23, 2013 can anyone explain this log, one of my users every month to 6 weeks will be in the middle of having multiple documents and word will lock up and crash: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: AppHangTransient Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: WINWORD.EXE P2: 14.0.6129.5000 P3: 5082f354 P4: unknown P5: unknown P6: unknown P7: unknown P8: P9: P10: Attached files: These files may be available here: Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: bcf9209a-ac1a-11e2-8fbf-0025b30e2220 Report Status: 1
LosOjos Posted April 23, 2013 Posted April 23, 2013 Can't explain the log I'm afraid, but a single Word crash every 4-6 weeks seems like pretty good going to me... I can have it crash a couple of times a day if I'm in and out of a lot of documents! Have you checked if they have any add ins installed? Always a prime culprit for unexplained crashes, especially if the developer hasn't included any form of error handling beyond "On Error Resume Next"
ptotham Posted April 24, 2013 Author Posted April 24, 2013 that is what I said to the user 4-6 weeks was good, but they raise a job every time it happens lol, there are not additional plugins just standard install of office 2010
lloydb Posted April 25, 2013 Posted April 25, 2013 Hi, If I may ask, how much RAM is this user running in their PC? Also, is it always crashing when the same documents are being opened? Could be a memory leak or a corrupt document causing it.
JHLEHS Posted April 25, 2013 Posted April 25, 2013 I agree with you lloydb my guess is maybe a corrupted document. If it you can open up the corrupted document with offenoffice or libreoffice and repair document and try again. Or try and copy contents from doc, 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now