sidewinder Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 We've purchased a few copies of this for use on laptops, and the combination of the terrible laptop soundcards and poor quality analog headsets they include has made it unusable so far. So I want to purchase some USB headsets as that *should* solve the problem, but are there any recommended by Edugeekers for dictation software? I've found these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-OEM-960-Stereo-Headset/dp/B0013N474I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366186660&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+usb+headset http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-LifeChat-LX-3000-New-Packaging/dp/B000JSDOMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366186743&sr=8-1&keywords=microsoft+usb+headset The MS ones look better, but both have reviews where people have mentioned they work well with Dragon...but others saying they don't! Any other suggestions before I order? Should we be spending a bit more on them?
dhicks Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 So I want to purchase some USB headsets as that *should* solve the problem, but are there any recommended by Edugeekers for dictation software? We bought some from VeryPC (sorry, I don't know the make) to use with Rosetta Stone. They are recognized by Windows as audio inputs and outputs right away, no need for driver installation, and quality is good enough for us to be able to use Rosetta Stone's voice recognition features.
plexer Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 We use the logitech ones here where usb audio is required. Ben
sidewinder Posted May 21, 2013 Author Posted May 21, 2013 Quick update to this, we went for the Microsoft ones in the end, purely because the headphones themselves looked more sturdy than the Logitech. We've had superb results with Dragon, and the staff are really happy with them. So I would recommend
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now