liveman2 Posted April 14, 2013 Posted April 14, 2013 Hi, We have an motd script which I believe is a simple Windows Forms GUI (loads on user start-up). It displays free-space on all mounted volumes and any maintenance which is being performed on our systems (we have about 24,000 users). I want to update this as it's quite old, and was initially made in the Windows 2000 era. It doesn't look very modern and with XP, 7, and now 8 I thought it could use an update. I want to know if it is possible to make a Live-Tile which would load the App in Windows 8 (if a user clicks on it), however would also display a percentage of free space on the users home drive? Is this possible? Thanks, Simon
SYNACK Posted April 14, 2013 Posted April 14, 2013 Perfectly possible, you may need to rewrite it using newer languages and if you want to distribute it outside your AD managed environment you may need a dev account to publish it which is like $99 per year or so.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now