colinriddz Posted April 10, 2013 Posted April 10, 2013 Hi We are using Moodle 2.3. We have full write back with our MIS SIMS. As an Administrator I can set it up to allow teachers etc full access to students data. I want to be able to do this for parents as well. Obviously parents should only be able to see their child's data. I am really struggling with the user profiles in Moodle that will allow parents to access data for their child. Every option I have tried is giving parents access to data for all children. I want to set it up for students to be able to have similar permission as well but again they are able to access data on all students. Has anyone managed to successfully integrate their Moodle with their MIS to allow this kind of parent / Student reporting. I would be really grateful for any instructions that you may have come across to get this running properly. Thanks Colinriddz
AMLinington Posted April 10, 2013 Posted April 10, 2013 Not sure this belongs in the Smoothwall Direct Support Forum as it appears to be a Moodle-related query. I'll move this to the MIS forum.
matt40k Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 How are you interfacing with SIMS? Are you just dipping into the SQL tables? If you are and you're writing back you've just blown your SIMS support agreement.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now