sidewinder Posted April 9, 2013 Posted April 9, 2013 I've setup a VLAN for client PC's, with my L3 switch as the default gateway and an IP helper setup. PC's work fine with this, they obtain an IP address from the correct scope, and all is well. But I'm trying to PXE boot a PC in order to get into MDT and it just won't get an IP address. If I move it to the original VLAN it works fine. I was expecting a few problems booting into MDT but I at least expected to be able to obtain an IP address first! It just waits and waits and eventually times out. I don't understand why Windows can, but PXE boot can't. Any ideas?
old_n07 Posted April 9, 2013 Posted April 9, 2013 Have you set scope option 66 Boot server host name on the DHCP scope for your new Vlan \ global option? If not put the IP address of the server in the string value
FN-GM Posted April 9, 2013 Posted April 9, 2013 You need to put an IP Helper on the vlan pointing to the WDS PXE server as well as the DHCP server. This is what we needed to do for SCCM. Option 66 isnt officially supported by Microsoft.
themightymrp Posted April 9, 2013 Posted April 9, 2013 I set option 66 to the IP of the MDT server and option 67 to boot\x86\wdsnbp.com Seems to work fine
FN-GM Posted April 9, 2013 Posted April 9, 2013 I set option 66 to the IP of the MDT server and option 67 to boot\x86\wdsnbp.com Seems to work fine again this isnt officially supported by Microsoft. An IP helper is supported so this is the way forward.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now