Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'll have to admit here, I hadn't heard of GameStick until I saw this article: BBC News - Gamestick console release date delayed

GameStick is another Android based 'budget' gaming platform in a similar vein to the Ouya. I wonder if what we are seeing here is a similar situation to the netbook phenomenon about 2007-2008 where on launch each manufacturer outdid itself to produce a cheaper and cheaper device. And then something weird happened. They started to get more and more expensive. From being sub £200 the price rose and they were then costing upwards of £300. Will we see these budget gaming systems suddenly try and transform themselves with ever greater specs until they simply are not worth considering over their larger console cousins?

Interesting times. One thing I will add in their favour though is that whatever games you put on there you can also have on your mobile (as long as you have a droid device that is). Now what's needed is a lot more network based android games. Imagine having a LAN party without the need for cables and large machines. Just bring your phone :)

 

gamestick.jpg

Edited by Dos_Box

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...