Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

 

I have the simple task of mailmerging 246 records onto a template I created in Word. I created a template with 8 labels per sheet, which would come to 30.75 or just short of 31 pages.

 

When I select the CSV to merge all records appear correctly, but when actually merging it was only completing 20 odd pages or so. I tried copying the data from the existing CSV into a new CSV, still the same problem. I then copied the CSV into Notepad, then re-copied it into a second new CSV. This time the mailmerge worked correctly completing 31 pages worth.

 

Setup is Word/Excel 2010 SP1 on Win 7 SP1. I can't quite put my finger on why it only merged 20 odd pages on my first few attempts. A bug possibly? All suggestions welcome :)

Posted
Did you use a named range? Perhaps that wasn't covering all fields? I think it sometimes defaults to the "Print_area" range, could have been that?
  • Thanks 1
Posted
I did think of that, but no it was literally a CSV file. I had the idea to copy/paste to and from Notepad to remove any formatting applied to the cells. Still just a bit of a mystery and another afternoon of head scratching!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...