jamesfed Posted March 13, 2013 Posted March 13, 2013 (edited) Hi all, I've just inherited a Moodle install which is taking an age (~6-7s at quiet times and ~11s at peak times) to display the front page and general page navigation is slow (over the LAN and Remotely). My intent is to put in place the APC cache to get things running faster, as it turns out the previous chap had put most of the settings in however it doesn't appear to be working. Key details are- Server 2008 Standard 32bit 8 Cores of CPU and 4GB RAM (pretty low utalisation at about 2GB however we will be bumping this up over the easter holiday) SAN storage (no bottleneck there) WAMP Server 2.2 (going to look into changing this to IIS over the summer) Apache 2.2.11 PHP 5.3.13 MySQL 5.1.36 Moodle 2.2.4 ~3,000 users site wide with an unkown number using the site at any given time (probably no more than 200) I can see in the Apache logs PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\wamp\\bin\\php\\php5.3.13\\ext\\php_apc.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0 However all other extensions are loading fine. Got about an hour this afternoon where I can bring the server up/down with no issues so does anyone have any thoughts on what to try? Before anyone asks - Yes I have rebooted the server, yes I have rebooted the web services, yes I don't like WAMP but can't change it right now. Thanks to anyone who helps out James Edited March 13, 2013 by jamesfed
cscc Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Just found this post, not sure if its of any use: php - APC - Unable to load dynamic library - Stack Overflow Last post on the page.
jamesfed Posted April 2, 2013 Author Posted April 2, 2013 Just as an update to this in the end I found another build of APC that worked in my enviroment (I'm afraid I've already lost the URL I got it from). I would imagine that the normal builds will work fine for most but given the slightly odd enviroment (Apache on Windows) I guess thats why I was having issues. Either way I can't wait for the summer and the new build IIS server!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now