Jambo_C Posted August 8, 2013 Posted August 8, 2013 Hi, I have a flat network with two domains that have a trust between them. A curriculum domain and an admin domain. I had Exchange 2003 on my curriculum domain and used to use "Mailbox Rights" to allow the users who logged into the admin domain to access and use their mailboxes. I have recently migrated to Exchange 2010 and the people who log onto the admin domain are unable to send email. They can receive it and view emails but when they try to send they get a message saying that they don't have permission to send on this persons behalf. If they use OWA and log in with their curriculum account it works fine. "Mailbox Rights" seems to have disappeared on the 2010, how can I allocate these rights? I have looked at "Manage send as permission" but it only displays users on the curriculum domain. Many thanks, J
Jambo_C Posted August 8, 2013 Author Posted August 8, 2013 I've sorted it. You have to disconnect the mailbox. Disable their account in AD. Then run the following command: Connect-Mailbox -Identity "MailboxName" -Database "Mailbox Database" -LinkedDomainController "admin dc" -LinkedMasterAccount "Admin domain account" -LinkedCredential (Get-Credential) -User "Curriculum Username" This does the trick. A bit of a pain in the arse though!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now