+ Post New Thread
Wireless Networks Thread, Netsupport Manager in Technical; OK, just a quick update (may be in the wrong section, but I cannot find a general Software section, as ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Netsupport Manager

OK, just a quick update (may be in the wrong section, but I cannot find a general Software section, as its not Windows or Educational software in my view) But, Today Netsupport software, the people who make Netsupport Manager and Netsupport School launched a new version / upgrade that added some new features to both the Manager and School software.

For those who use it already on V9, you licence key will not work with V9.5, but they are sending new keys out, but its going to take a day or three, as they have over 6 million keys to re-issue! I know this as i spoke to them this afternoon about why my key does not work when I want these features now

But its got some nice updates to it by the looks of it, so get over to www.netsupportsoftware.com and have a look.

I recommend it and I am sure there is more than me on here that uses it. We are looking at implementing the School stuff now as well as the manager part for us lot, so thats how good it is!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Netsupport Manager

You could of posted a changelog

Thank Post

I will do from work where the e-mail is, but for the manager there is about 8 new features / major enhancements. If i can find it on there website I will let you have it, if not tomorrow morning it is :P

Thank Post

A COPY AND PASTE FROM NSM's WEBSITE (http://www.netsupportsoftware.com/ns...r_overview.htm)

To extend the usage and benefits of NetSupport Manager, v9.5 includes additional support for both Intel based Mac computers and the Solaris OS. NetSupport Manager 9.5 now carries Mac Universal certification and is the first Remote Control solution available with full support for the new Intel based systems. The Solaris release carries a BETA status and is available for SUN SPARC systems.

The NetSupport Manager Linux client now features full Hardware and Software Inventory reporting in addition to the previous Windows based systems supported.

Both Linux and Mac support in NetSupport Manager 9.5 has been extended to include full http support via the NetSupport Gateway, delivering far greater operational flexibility.

The NetSupport Manager 9.5 client now offers support for 64 bit Intel and AMD platforms, including Windows XP 64 and Windows 2003 64. The support is available for x64-based systems.

Interactive Thumbnails. Version 9.5 now features real time monitoring of systems using active Thumbnails. Thumbnail size can be adjusted on the fly, as can the update interval. In addition, the Control users can mouseover a specific thumbnail for an expanded view of the selected PC.

NetSupport Manager 9.5 now features full bi-directional 1:1 Audio support outside of a Remote Control session. Unlike previous versions of NSM, Audio can now be used at any point within NetSupport Manager to allow for seamless communication over any network environment.

Even though our primary objective has been to extend the platform support and appeal of the product, we also wanted to make sure that we responded to the most common suggestions and concerns raised by our customer. With that in mind, version 9.5 also features :

All new Printer redirection for W2K, XP, 2003. Now supports USB and network printers utilising the Windows WMI service.

Optimise colour depth "on the fly" during a Remote Control session. You can now downsample from True colour to 256, 16 or even 2 colour for optimum performance over slower connections.

Automatic configuration of Deploy packages. When NetSupport Manager 9.5 is first installed a new default deploy package is created and ready for use, avoiding the initial learning curve required in previous versions.

Video technology has been fully updated; in the latest version, performance has increased dramatically.

Logged on user information is now included in Control list views.

Enhanced Gateway and HTTP performance - version 9.5 now delivers a 25% increase in performance coupled by new support for multiple IP addressing, client details are now stored and available across control sessions and of course, Pocket PC, Mac and Linux clients are now fully supported.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread