+ Post New Thread
Wired Networks Thread, Connect to network resource? in Technical; im having problem in communication with other PCs here in office. whenever i try to access other PCs i got ...

Thank Post

Connect to network resource?

im having problem in communication with other PCs here in office. whenever i try to access other PCs i got a message saying that

for example

Connect to network resource as \\PC01
    Connect as ____________
    Password ______________

how can i know the access for this?

thanks.

Thank Post

Re: Connect to network resource?

Are all the pcs a member of the domain? If they are, and you are a domain admin then you shouldn't have any problem. Try removing it from the domain and adding it again.
    If not, you'll need a password for a user on that PC. You'll probably enter it in the form: pc01\administrator
    (if administrator is the username). Then the password.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Connect to network resource?

netdiag can help you troubleshoot this too.

Thank Post
    i am m having problem like this :

Connect as ____________
    Password ______________

please help me

thanks. you ..

Thank Post
    OK is this a bit iffy or what ?

Thank Post
    i have 8 computers in my office . my network work correctly . then install NetSupport school 10.5 .
    in teacher PC when it identify & communicate with student PCs, i got a message saying that

Connect as ____________
    Password ______________

i disable EAST NOD32 antivirus in all PCs and disable firewall, but it isn't solved yet.

how should i solve this problem?

thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eean View Post
    Are all the pcs a member of the domain? If they are, and you are a domain admin then you shouldn't have any problem. Try removing it from the domain and adding it again.
    If not, you'll need a password for a user on that PC. You'll probably enter it in the form: pc01\administrator
    (if administrator is the username). Then the password.
    Try this option - Username: PC01\AdminUser then enter your password. See if that works

Try the username you have specified - I was using the one above as an example.

Thank Post
    this option examine ( username and password) , but not work

where define domain? i define Workgroup in windows xp : control panel --> system properties --> Computer Name --> ( example computer name : c1 ) & (Workgroup : MSHOME) . this correct?

Thank Post
    if your in a workgroup you'll need to type in the Administrator username and password on the remote PC in which you are trying to access - so on the remote resource PC will have an admin account and a password type that in your box which appears on your screen

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sasan9000 View Post
    i have 8 computers in my office . my network work correctly . then install NetSupport school 10.5 .
    in teacher PC when it identify & communicate with student PCs, i got a message saying that

Connect as ____________
    Password ______________

i disable EAST NOD32 antivirus in all PCs and disable firewall, but it isn't solved yet.

how should i solve this problem?

thanks in advance.
    It happened the same thing as me.

Thank Post
    Someone please help to solve it!!!!!

Thank Post

Issue Resolved For Me

Hi all,

I am running a computer institution and i found this software very much useful for me. I had tried in before several months ago. So I decided to deploy it again on all my machines and use it forever. My all of a sudden after installation I was unable to deploy it on my all other 7 pcs from my main PC. I am using Windows 7 on all my machines and using a single broadband internet connection in a workgroup invironment. Last time, when I had installed netsupport, it worked fine in one shot. I am not using any special network configuration and all pcs have been set to get IP Address automatically. So I was confused that what is wrong with my network configuration or netsupport. I tried to give User Name and Passwords to all the PC but no use. It was still not accepting the user name and password on "Connect To Network Resource...." dialog box. I tried the method said by other users of this forum but still no use. Google for it but all in vain. Suddenly, I get an idea to check my IP address range of all pcs.

So what I found is: my main pc was on an ip range of 192.168.1.2 and my client pcs has another range like 192.168.80.5, 192.168.2.1. This is because I have connectted my broadband internet directly through the router and ip address was set to automatically. So as soon as changed the IP addesses to one range like 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 and so on. All the pcs get connected with netsupport.

I think you should check this out once and give it a try and let me know if this resolve your problem.

Thank Post

Do Check Your Firewall Settings

Also do check your firewall settings. I was using Windows 7 and it was blocking NetSchool for Workgroup access and was allowed for Public group. So do check this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rajivkohli View Post
    Hi all,

I am running a computer institution and i found this software very much useful for me. I had tried in before several months ago. So I decided to deploy it again on all my machines and use it forever. My all of a sudden after installation I was unable to deploy it on my all other 7 pcs from my main PC. I am using Windows 7 on all my machines and using a single broadband internet connection in a workgroup invironment. Last time, when I had installed netsupport, it worked fine in one shot. I am not using any special network configuration and all pcs have been set to get IP Address automatically. So I was confused that what is wrong with my network configuration or netsupport. I tried to give User Name and Passwords to all the PC but no use. It was still not accepting the user name and password on "Connect To Network Resource...." dialog box. I tried the method said by other users of this forum but still no use. Google for it but all in vain. Suddenly, I get an idea to check my IP address range of all pcs.

So what I found is: my main pc was on an ip range of 192.168.1.2 and my client pcs has another range like 192.168.80.5, 192.168.2.1. This is because I have connectted my broadband internet directly through the router and ip address was set to automatically. So as soon as changed the IP addesses to one range like 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 and so on. All the pcs get connected with netsupport.

I think you should check this out once and give it a try and let me know if this resolve your problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread