+ Post New Thread
Office Software Thread, Publisher 2010 not printing word art, clip art or text boxes in colour in Technical; Hi, We have a load of students who have created brochures in Publisher. We have an HP 2025 colour laser ...

Thank Post

Publisher 2010 not printing word art, clip art or text boxes in colour

Hi,

We have a load of students who have created brochures in Publisher. We have an HP 2025 colour laser and no matter what we try we can't get it to print word art, clip art or text boxes in colour. They only ever print in greyscale. Any image that isn't clip art prints perfectly.

We are using Windows 7 and have an HP Universal PLC6 driver as there are no specific drivers for the 2025. Does this sound like a driver issue or is there something in Publisher causing the problem?

The brochures are part of their GCSE coursework so we need to find a solution.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    We don't use Publisher 2010, but unlike Word, printing options are usually set in Publisher itself (File, Page Setup, Printer and Paper), rather than in the print dialogue boxes at the printing stage, and these settings overide the options set in the print dialogue boxes (if that makes sense).

You may also find that the student's Publisher files have been set for a printer other than your HP 2025, (perhaps a B&W printer), in which case this will need to be changed from the files concerned.

Now, there is an option in PCL6 (on the 'Color' tab) to 'Print in grayscale'. I suspect this option has been selected at some point; possibly to save wasted colour copies whilst drafting. You will need to check the various dialogue boxes outlined above to see if and where this has been set.

I hope this helps.

NN

3. Thanks to Naughty_Nigel from:

brittonc (20th March 2012)

Thank Post
    In the printers properties on the colour tab, what setting is it on? automatic, colour or black and white? also is it the same image, colour box every time in black and white, and from the same machine, ive had something similar where removing the image, and placing it back worked.
    Last edited by ste1988; 19th March 2012 at 02:36 PM.

5. Thanks to ste1988 from:

brittonc (20th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Hi,

It seems as though it was a printer problem where it was set to auto on the colour tab. Once forced to colour it did start printing the brochures in colour. The odd thing though was this only happened with the Office programs. If I printed from picture viewer or Photoshop the prints were in colour!

Thanks for your replies and help.

Thank Post
    Oh well, I am pleased you found an answer.

I don't know if it is just me, but printing seems to be more complicated by the day. Oh for the days of the Laserjet 2.

NN

Thank Post
    lol!! Well I'm never convinced with these 'universal' drivers. Why not just make a driver dedicated for the specific printer!?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brittonc View Post
    lol!! Well I'm never convinced with these 'universal' drivers. Why not just make a driver dedicated for the specific printer!?
    Have you ever tried to install an HP printer from the list in Windoze? There are thousands of the dammed things, so I can see why HP is reluctant to support every single one with its own driver, especially when the gubbins inside the printers is probably near enough identical.

I have found the HP PCL 6 Universal drivers work OK, but the PCL 5 universal drivers never seem to recognise device properly, and so cannot be configured for additional trays, duplexing and so forth.

Having said that, I am currently having great difficulties installing x86 print drivers onto 2008 R2 (to support printers on Xp clients). I can select the option for x86 drivers, and it asks for the driver files, but then rejects anything that I offer it, saying that x86 drivers are not compatible.

NN

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty_Nigel View Post
    Having said that, I am currently having great difficulties installing x86 print drivers onto 2008 R2 (to support printers on Xp clients). I can select the option for x86 drivers, and it asks for the driver files, but then rejects anything that I offer it, saying that x86 drivers are not compatible.

NN
    You need to install the x64 version first, then the same equivalent x86 version of the driver.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Back on topic, as others have said, this is a driver related issue - mostly likely a configuration issue. Publisher 2010 does support printing in colour, just as other Office 2010 applications do.

Thank Post
    I have publisher 2010 & a 2025 laser jet printer. will nnor print work art properly. print with a square box or a black box behind the word art. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP[/COLOR] ME. PAID HP TO FIX, THEY SAID IT WAS NOT THEIR PROBLEM AND RETURNED MY MONEY.

Thank Post

WORD ART WILL NOT PRINT PROPERLY!

I HAVE A LASER JET 2025 PRINTER. WORD ART OFFICE 2010. IT PRINTS WITH A BLACK OR DIFFERENT COLOR BOX BEHIND THE WIRD ART. DELL COULD NOT FIX IT. THEY TRIED. THEY SAID IT WAS NOT THE SOFT WARE. PRINTER PROBLEM. PAID HP TO FIX IT, THEY COULD NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, RETURNED MY MONEY TO ME. PLEASE HELP ME.
    JOYCE DIXON

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread