paulpmp4 Posted March 27, 2007 Posted March 27, 2007 I have been lent a Buffalo G54 Airstation WAP. I need to rest it back to factory defaults so that I can set it up. when I install the software it tells me there isa passwprd attached to the system and to reset the system. There are 2 red buttons ons the back and I think it is the top one. But how do i reset it. when I press the button nothing seems to happen and I still get the same message when I try to install the software?
webman Posted March 27, 2007 Posted March 27, 2007 According to some literature on the Buffalo, "The recessed reset button, simply press and hold for a few seconds until the DIAG LED illuminates to reset the unit.". This implies that the unit must be turned on first, press and hold, and wait for the LED
ThatBoringBloke Posted March 27, 2007 Posted March 27, 2007 the default settings for the buffalo kit is a username of root with no password. have you tried this through the web interface?
maniac Posted March 27, 2007 Posted March 27, 2007 After you've reset it using the reset procedure described above, you need to cycle the power I believe. Trying to remember from memory, we used to have lots of these in our school. Mike.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now