Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi,

 

I just have a quick question. Now iPhone will support more than one exchange account with iPhone OS 4, i have been looking at using google sync. Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

 

Does anyone already use this?

 

I would like it to sync my contacts and calendar. Just one question about the contacts sync. Any Gmail users will know every time you send a message to someone gmail annoyingly creates a new contact for this person under all contacts. Obviously i dont want these syncing to my iPhone.

I have been told that when using the steps on the above link that iphone will only sync the gmail my contacts group so all the automatically added contacts wont be synced. Please can someone confirm this?

 

I hope that made sense....

 

Also when using this can i sync the contacts with itunes so i have a copy stored on the software on my computer? On the mac it is the address book. I am unsure about Windows, outlook maybe?

 

Thanks

Edited by FN-GM
Posted
I tried it on my mac snow leopard or leopard ( one of the two ) and I just preferred keeping them seperate as had to delete all of the google ones ( might of just been me being a muppet lol )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...