+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, CMIS Manuals in Technical; Hi Everyone Just been thrown into the deep end, im having to manage CMIS while one of my work mates ...
    Thank Post

CMIS Manuals

Hi Everyone

Just been thrown into the deep end, im having to manage CMIS while one of my work mates is away, only thing is he doesnt seem to have any manuals or any usernames and passwords lying arround, and as this is long term it could be interesting.

If anyone could email me some manuals for CMIS, well im not sure exactically which ones i need, we are licensed for Booking System, Examination Scheduling, Student Fitting, and Planning matrices. So any for these and the basic how to set it up, and get it running would be useful

If people are willing to email me some, pm me and ill provide my email address.

Thank Post

Re: CMIS Manuals

Hiya - did this 18 months ago in at the deep end - Speak to serco and get a login to www.sercolearningsupport.com - all the current 2.8 manuals are on there.

Chances are what you've listed there is what your licensed for in eportal, theres a whole truck more in Facility itself. Are you missing a login for CMIS itself? CMIS support should be able to help you out with 'injecting' an admin login.

Few points to think about

* You need to role eportal over for the new year.
    * Are you ok with exam downloads and timetabling?

I've dropped you by work email address in a PM. Drop me a line if you need any help.

Kyle

Thank Post

We also run CMIS and e-portal here, and I'm fairly confident with using it now so anything you want to ask that you can't get an answer from elsewhere, drop me a PM and I'll do my best.

Mike.

Thank Post

There are a number of CMIS support people who look at this forum on a regular basis - so ask away for any support you need.....

Serco will give you a log-in for http://maxportal.serco.com/sercolearning/

which is the latest support website.

Thank Post

Good News. Found some printed manuals in our server room. Plus the previous bloke came in a few days ago, and so i got some pointers and then the usernames and passwords to serco that i needed. He even had his own little notes on cmis with the manuals, ie how he used it or added things into it. So not so much of a deep end now. Thanks for your kind offers and if i ever need help ill know just where to look.

SimAd

Thank Post
    hello,

I am at the deep end now as have to take on my new job next week as DATA?EXAMS manager in a school in London that uses CMIS and where there in no handover period. I join the day the exams begin and have always worked n SIMS before so am a complete novice to CMIS as well as DATA Management. Tried talking to SERCO and got told can only be given help when I join. Does anyone have any manuals kicking around that I can get hold off?

Thank Post
    As i mentioned in the other thread - please speak to the school you're going to join! They can have you setup whenever they like but we can't take a phone call from someone and give them access to all the resources at random, we have to know who you are and who you're working for etc.
    There are some users on here who may be able to help you with advice etc though.

Mic @ Serco

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread