Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

CREATISH

Members
  • Posts

    32
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CREATISH

  1. I did although some of the text boxes it asks you to do you some are examples, finding it tricky in which ones I need to do, I created the password.txt and AES On the link which tasks did you complete? so First I did this one $KeyFile = "\\Machine1\SharedPath\AES.key" $Key = New-Object Byte[] 16 # You can use 16, 24, or 32 for AES [security.Cryptography.RNGCryptoServiceProvider]::Create().GetBytes($Key) $Key | out-file $KeyFile Changed the output to somewhere on a shared drive then I did this one $File = "\\Machine1\SharedPath\Password.txt" [byte[]] $key = (1..16) $Password = "P@ssword1" | ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText -Force $Password | ConvertFrom-SecureString -key $key | Out-File $File Then I inputted the location of each in your script
  2. Thanks just learn't first bit of dealing with scripts here! Done the above and creating the AES and password text and getting this error Invoke-WmiMethod : User credentials cannot be used for local connections using domain admin credentials
  3. Hi thanks for the reply, this credentials looks like the good thing for me to learn I see your script and see it something I want to use aswell working in a school too. so I assume for each room you put the room number and copy that script to there desktops or via gpo, but running the script it just opens the message on the computer you run it on, how do i change it to send to my pc name opposed to just messaging itselfs? Cheers again
  4. Hello Guys, wanting to use a MSG.EXE Script with GUI to allow an Admin to be able to send prompts to teachers computer for budging them for things, the script works for me as admin but not for non admin, tried researching permission but unable to find anything, how could I do it so that non admin can just get permission to do this, many thanks Link to the script I want to use I am an apprentice and still learning. https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Message-Center-GUI-using-0c587bea
×
×
  • Create New...