Hi, this is my first message here and hope someone could help me sorting this out. As I am not dedicated network admin, I may not be well articulate as you guys and would appreciate your patience.
My main question is is there any Utility program, such as Norton or Disk Warrior, for XFS formatted NAS drive?
I can run those on Mac OSX or XP - I prefer OSX but if needed XP is ok.
What happened is as below if it helps.
I am looking after about 20 Macs and all the user files are saved on this Lacie NAS drive.
We don't run any server program but sharing the machine and save files in their own folders on NAS.
Before we were using Terastation but after having power failure that disturbed it badly, I have immigrated all the files to Lacie as temporary solution.
As there has been no back up for Lacie, I was trying to add identical Lacie via USB2.0 as back up drive and setting it up via web browser Safari.
I tried to create share on the newly added Lacie but by mistake the share was created on the first one.
When I tried to delete the unwanted share, by (big) mistake I select the share where all the files are - nightmare.
I hope if someone could give me suggestion or, if you know any other reference I should look for, much much appreciated.
By the way, I don't have any knowledge about UNIX or Linux....