Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sccmrouge

Members
  • Posts

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sccmrouge

  1. I configured my DNS to point to itself first, loopback, and then a second state DNS we use. If I reverse the order, and input the state DNS first and then the server itself, loopback, second...I don't receive the errors but instead get: Starting Text: Connectivity The host XXXXXXXXX could not be resolved to an IP address. Check the DNS server, DHCP server name, etc. SERVER failed test connectivity Everything else passes - - - Updated - - - @3s-gtech yes, everything is cleaned up and no it is not still running DHCP/DNS
  2. Background: I inherited 1 Physical 2008 DC and 1 Virtual Backup 2012 R2 DC The VM was never configured/setup properly, so I demoted. Completed all that... I run a dcdiag on the only DC now...2008DC...and receive errors... An Error Event occurred. EventID: 0x00000422 - The processing of Group Policy failed. An Error Event occurred. EventID: 0xC0002719 - DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer [dns IP] using a ny of the configured protocols. An Error Event occurred. EventID: 0x00000457 - Driver
×
×
  • Create New...